Friday 9 December 2011

Can't wait till Christmas to take bite of Plum Cake

Hello again,

It was 27th Nov when I soaked dry fruits in the Rum. I know I need to wait for at least 15 days to get the perfect plum cake but not able to stop the urge to make one as I was watching dry fruits absorbing rum every day in the fridge. Finally I could not resist and decided to bake one in tomorrow’s class if everyone is fine with rum. Ooh no I didn't have patience till tomorrow also so baked it today. Here it is... a freshly baked from my oven. It is perfect in color, texture and taste. The dry fruits were little crunchy, but not noticeable, I think little more rum needs to be added to soak dry fruits.




Sorry to my earlier teacake class students that I have not done the same in their class but you all welcome to taste a bite tomorrow. The recipe which I have shared in the class is the same. Following are the ingredients I have added extra .
  • 1 tsp of mix spices instead of ½ tsp
  • ¼ cup fresh orange juice
  • 1/2 tsp lime juice
  • one full lemon zest and 1 tsp orange zest   

This was tip by shimmy’s mom from my apartment. She had also asked to add 1 tbsp pineapple jam which I did not have today.  

So don’t wait anymore. This is a perfect treat for the Christmas coming up. Happy Baking!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by..